Dreaming of terrapins or pets is another way of continuing reality in dreams.
1. If you have seen a terrapin in your waking life, you may dream about it in your sleeping life. The same goes for other pets.
2. If you keep a terrapin as a pet and have seen something wrong with it, you might dream of your terrapin. If you had a worry about your terrapin in the day, this anxiety might carry forward into the night and you dream of your terrapin as a consequence.
3. Terrapins don’t make sounds as reptiles. They might snort or sneeze sometimes. If you own a terrapin and you’re worried about it, then you may dream scenarios about it.
4. Terrapins make noise to attract their owner’s attention. They may use their front claws to scratch the glass or plastic of their aquarium. Or they climb one on top of the other to show anxiety. They usually want food when they display irritated activity. Some memories of your terrapin may remain fresh in your brain, for the cells to be activated during sleep. Then you see images of the terrapins.
5. The latent meaning of dreaming of terrapin is related to its manifest image. A terrapin hides inside its shell when it is afraid. Your subconscious brain may have processed some data during the day and derived at a conclusion that you might like to hide away. Perhaps the issue is not good to confront and it may be better for you to hide away. For every situation, there are two responses, either to fight or take flight. Every person’s response is different to a set of parameters. Taking flight and hiding is a typical response from a terrapin. Instead of dreaming of a response directly, your brain called up the image of a terrapin. When you wonder why you’ve dreamed of this terrapin, you will understand that you are being reminded to behave like a terrapin. You have a subconscious desire to hide to protect yourself from stimulants in the environment.
6. You need to pay attention to the traits belonging to terrapins.
7. Terrapins are cold blooded reptiles. They are affected by extreme temperatures. When the weather is cold, they like to slow down their movements. They appear sluggish. If you dream of a terrapin being slow in cold weather, it could mean that you are also affected by cold weather. You need to take steps to protect yourself against extreme weather, to safe guard your health. Besides eating a healthy diet, you need to wear warm clothing and keep your home heated.
8. Terrapins are relatively timid reptiles in that they hide inside their shells when they see a stimulus that is frightening. Your brain may have processed the information about you behaving in timid manner when faced with intimidating stimulus. Your subconscious may be trying to send a message to you, to tell you that you had been behaving like a terrapin.
9. A terrapin is not a friendly reptile. Apart from hiding inside its shell, it can show an aggressive response. It can snap when it is forced to face a hostile situation. For instance, I used to scrub my terrapin’s shell, with a sponge sponge, to clean it. Then I scrubbed its limbs. The terrapin viewed this as a hostile act and would snap at the sponge. Some folks are unaware that the terrapin can fight back. It can turn its head to follow the threat (like the sponge) and snap at it. Using this trait, we can examine ourselves, to reflect on what aspect of our behavior resembles this snapping. Are we quick to get angry and we snap at people? Is our inner consciousness aware of this trait and has invented this dream of terrapin to alert us?
10. The terrapin is associated with slow movements. Perhaps in your waking life, you are a slow person. Maybe you take your time to decide to do something, or you do things slowly. Dreaming a terrapin is your brain’s way of telling you that you had been slow. Maybe its time to make changes and speed up a little.
11. Although a terrapin is known to be a slow motion animal, it can move as fast it its strength warrants, when it thinks it is being threatened. It can withdraw its head into shell quickly. It can scramble and crawl away from the threat. Does this remind you of your own behavior? This dream could be a message to reflect on the manifest traits of terrapins, and see how these relate to your real life.
12. A terrapin portrays a hardy amphibian. Its thick shell protects it from extreme temperatures. The terrapin dream symbol suggests a tough animal with a protective covering. Does this theme play a part in your waking life? Are you called to use your tough exterior to protect yourself?
Dream interpretation on dream symbol terrapins
The meaning of a terrapin dream depends on your personal experience dealing with this reptile. The image of a terrapin should be holding specific significance to you. This image brings to mind certain connotations that are unique to yourself. In solving the dream interpretation, reflect on what the dream symbol means to you.
Art on terrapins:
Sketch of a woman posed to take a video of terrapins.
Do Terrapins speak? For the record, I haven’t heard a terrapin making sounds, apart from the occasional snorting. It likes to climb on top of its rock, on top of another terrapin, or scratch the walls of its aquarium.
The young lady in the picture is on the phone with her Dad. She asks the terrapins to talk, or make some noises to transmit over the phone. I think a video call or recorded video would serve the purpose better.
Mindful Doodles #246
Some folks call this kind of reptiles, pet rocks. Its because they resemble rocks, especially when they retract their heads and hide inside their shells. They can’t talk but they come to you when they’re hungry and want food.
What terrapins like to eat
The graphic is incomplete. I’m still discovering what they like, versus the obvious, which is commercially prepared food pellets. Vegetable scraps from the kitchen are good. You need to peel off the outer skin because the cellulose and fiber are tough. Small insects are a natural source of calcium.
Regarding this art:
Two species of robot terrapins battle it out atop a hill. Two Claws has been backed into standing at the edge of the hill. Three Claws has the upper hand. May the best terrapin win!
Prior to reading this drawing prompt, I had actually thought about drawing a series on terrapins. They are freshwater reptiles and ideal inhabitants on land. I could make their trait a challenge for them by putting in circumstances where their needs can not be met. Like inventing difficulties for terrapins to locate a source of freshwater.
How terrapin climbs
This terrapin grew out of its small plastic aquarium. It is at a size that is in-between a big aquarium and a bigger one.