This is my list of five ways to enjoy strawberries:
- Eat them straight up cold from the chiller.
- Freeze them to become little icy popsicles.
- Serve with a dash of whipped cream or ice cream.
- Slice them thinly and immerse them in cold drinking water to make a refreshing infusion drink.
- If you have one cooking pot of strawberries to make jam, wash and clean them of their stems. Slice thinly and grate them. Boil them and add sugar according to taste. If you have gelatin/ jelly making crystals, dissolve and stir several tablespoons in hot water and stir. Add this to the strawberry jam and bring to boil. Cool it and then refrigerate.