If I had an authentic desire to save Earth, would I be prepared to do these?
- Reduce food wastage.
- Re-use and recycle as much as I can.
- Refrain from using the air-conditioner as much as possible.
- Refrain from air traveling for leisure.
- Refrain from using plastic bags, straws, cutlery, utensils, single use raincoat and all single use plastics.
- Reduce consumption of fish and meat.
- Ride only in electric car and vehicles.
I’m trying to do whatever I can. I find #7 impossible because I use public transport and I’ve got to take whatever is available. The electric car for public transport is a cab operated by a taxi company. At least this is what my area has. The other cab companies use cars running on diesel or petrol.
Prompt from Fandango’s #FOWC for Aug. 16 is authentic.
Buying and eating vegetables is good for health but not good in dreams.
Very commendable !
I would add composting to the list, as most food scraps (aside from animal products) can be composted back into dirt and takes up less space at the landfill. I do all of them but #7 and have considered relocating to a place where I can ride my bike to everything and get rid of the car altogether. It’s a harmful AND EXPENSIVE luxury item. My son took a trip to Europe awhile back and was totally impressed with their public transportation system. He said it is normalized there. In the US some of the big cities may have normalized public transport but the majority is not convenient, well-designed, or safe. Hoping that some leaders make a decision to push the serious universal development in the US. Our home base (Earth) depends on it!
Comments are closed.